An Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) degree is an applied academic degree earned through programs that focus on a specific occupation, so most classes are geared toward practical training. So, what can getting an AST degree do for you? In 2020, Indeed asked related questions and published the views of their 58 respondents. Here are the Indeed questions and the answers they got from those respondents:
- Did the AST degree help you make more money?
- 77% said earning their AST degree helped them make more money.
- Did the AST degree help you get a job?
- 73% said earning their AST degree helped them get a job.
- Why did you decide to earn your AST degree?
- 16% said it was required for their current job.
- 29% said to make more money.
- 26% said because they were changing careers.
- 26% said to get an edge over other candidates.
- 62% said to help with their career progression.
- 12% said they decided to earn their AST degrees for other reasons.
- Would you recommend earning an AST degree?
- 73% said they would recommend a family member or friend earn their AST degree.
Earn Your AST Degree in Web Design
An AST degree from our Web Design program takes as little as 15 months to earn whether you attend on-campus or online. Web designers use their creativity and technical skills to create or redesign websites and other web applications that are visually appealing, functional, and meet client needs in innovative ways.
Our Web Design Program is hands-on and practical. Our students are trained to analyze clients’ needs for content, graphics, performance, capacity, and computer integration. Then, they learn to plan web content and layouts – right down to the typeface, graphics and images, color schemes, and writing code with languages like HTML or XML. Because our students graduate with the knowledge and skill to do this and other vital tasks, like converting written, audio, video, or graphic components into compatible online formats, our students may work as:
- Interaction designers
- Web architects
- Web design specialists
- Front-end developers
- Junior front-end developers
- Web developers
- UX designers
- UI designers
- Other related job titles
Earn Your AST Degree in Computer Support
Computer support professionals are the go-to people of the information technology (IT) industry and have the know-how to analyze and solve computer user problems. In as little as 15 months, and whether they attend on-campus or online, our Computer Support Specialist program students gain the practical knowledge and hands-on skill to run diagnostics, troubleshoot, and resolve software, hardware, and cabling problems. They can install and repair equipment and devices, determine a client’s needs for automation and workflow, and teach end-users (jargon-y?) how to use applications. By earning their AST degree, our graduates are qualified for roles as:
- Computer Support Specialist
- Desktop Support Technician
- Local Area Network Technician
- Help Desk Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Network Installer
- Hardware Support Technician
- IT Specialist
- LAN Operator
- Technical Support Specialist
Learn More Today with ASPIRA City College
If you’re ready to connect with a well-fitting career, contact ASPIRA City College. As a nonprofit institution accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges and licensed by the Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools, ASPIRA City College is ready to put you on the road to a successful career in Web Design or Computer Support. Schedule a virtual visit for an info session today to find the career, program, and college facts you need, or apply online now.